If you’ve got to this page then you are likely already looking for a coach and don’t need to know why you need one. If you’re still not sure there is plenty of explanation further down this page. What you really want to know is why to choose me as your coach and not one of my competitors.
I know what I’m doing as evidenced by large numbers of successful clients. My first formal coaching course was over twelve years ago and my last was less than a year ago, i.e. I keep my education up to date and have been doing so for a long time. I use coaches myself and know how effective they are for my success and use that learning in my practice as your coach.
I have personally faced and completed the following challanges giving me a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Completed a PhD in Chemistry – a three-year project that included skilling up, lecturing/presenting, hard work and writing a 300,000 word book.
- IT Service Management Career – a change of career from Chemistry to IT, reskilling, large numbers of complex projects, corporate and SME companies, using structured frameworks to deliver efficiencies and high-quality services, i.e. a highly logical thinker.
- Emigrated Family – change of country, complete restart of life, i.e. new home, new schools, new job, new car, new bank, no friends, no family, no support, etc. Massive change that takes a lot of courage.
- Hypnotist, NLP Coach – a change of career from IT to therapist/coach, reskilling, patching people instead of systems.
Common across all of my challenges;
- Change Management – I’ve been there and done it from the massive, e.g. emigrating, to the medium, e.g. career change, to the small e.g. implementing a new IT system
- Education – I’ve never stopped, having succeeded to the highest levels in academy and across multiple disciplines in work both soft and technical
- Teaching – In the majority of my challenges I have had the opportunity to teach others with less skill, this includes chemistry, IT, coaching, communications and problem solving. I’m good at it, how do I know, because students tell me very regularly and make it up with results.
- Setting goals and planning
What do I know how to do that you need right now?
- How to face challenges both big and small
- How to plan to meet your objectives
- How to learn and identify what skills or resources you are missing
- How to prioritise tasks so that there is continual progress
- How to hold you accountable to take action
- How to have fun getting it done
I don’t like blowing my own trumpet because it’s not what I am about, I’m actually an introvert, however, you need to know why you should call me and book that free 20-minute sample session. I know I am an excellent coach, not because I’ve read one book and am deluded into thinking that makes me an expert, but because I’ve put the time in, kept my education current and have consistently got excellent results for a long time. I am highly educated but very down to earth, I speak many languages including science, nerd, IT, service management, executive, shop floor, layman, granny and friend. I’m a family man with all the same issues as you. As a qualified hypnotist and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programmer) I am trained to a high level in how people think and have a large toolset at my disposal to help change that thinking when it is limiting. I am very friendly but I think most people if asked what their strongest feeling is about me they might say respect, mostly because of all the changes I have faced and completed often accompanied by “I so respect you for actually doing …”.
What are you like (one or more of)?
- successful in your field but feel that there should be more to your life or work
- contemplating a big change, maybe career or location
- everything is just OK but you want more
- a millennial in a new job and realising you’re not as special as you were told
- some difficulty with communication, whether that’s performing or presenting or just being heard
- new business owner with too many things to do and not knowing what to do next
- faced with a large project and not knowing where to start, e.g. writing a book
- looking to improve your skills particularly in communication or problem-solving
Why do I need a coach?
Just in case you’ve got to this page and don’t know the answer or are still not convinced by what you know or have read above.
Everybody who wants to succeed or improve needs a coach. Take a look at all the people in the world who really succeed! That depends on what success looks like to you but if it’s financial, career or sports success then the majority of people who are successful in those areas have a coach(s). The vast majority of business leaders have coaches, a quick google search will confirm this. The vast majority of sportsmen and women have a coach. Most new business owners have coaches whether they are high-tech startups or more traditional businesses.
If you take athletes as an example even the top most successful of them still employ coaches. Can the 100M coach run the race faster than the athlete? Could they ever? For the top athletes, the answer is no, so why bother?
A coach is not an expert in anything other than coaching. A coach’s job is to question the athlete about what they are doing poorly and what they can do better, not to give answers but to ask questions. The answers come from the athletes themselves. The result is the athlete gets the benefit of the answers they themselves have provided that they would not have found if no-one was asking the questions. It is extremely difficult to ask yourself those questions and much easier to pay someone to do it for you.
The coach doesn’t need to understand the answers but they do also hold the athlete to account by getting agreement from them with when, where and how they will be action the answers to improve their performance.
The story is the same with business leaders or any other pursuit of success, the coach is not an expert just asks the hard questions and holds the client to account for actioning the answers the client has provided.
If you would like to hear this action and immediately see the benefits for yourself then contact me now to book a free 20-minute sample session.